Our program guidelines are designed to ensure you and your child or children can make the most of your visit to the drop-in.
In the drop-in:
- We talk, listen and play together.
- We all respect each other; children too.
- We all tidy up.
- We all help children try new things.
By keeping these guidelines in mind, you and your child will be able to have an enjoyable, safe and pleasant experience in the drop-in while spending some quality time with one another.
Some other helpful hints to keep in mind anytime are:
- Recognize your child’s efforts and achievements.
- Set clear limits and expectations for your child.
- Offer only choices and consequences that are realistic and that you are willing to carry out.
- Encourage your child to problem solve.
- Encourage your child to see the funny side of certain situations.
- Overlook small annoyances.
- Recognize your own frustrations and remove yourself from the situation until you are in control of your feelings.
Families have the option of bringing in their lunches. Lunch time is from 11:45am to 1:00pm Monday to Friday and Alternate Saturdays. All food MUST be eaten in the kitchen ONLY. Please note: No nut products are permitted.