Our program guidelines are designed to ensure you and your child or children can make the most of your visit to the drop-in.
In the drop-in:
- We talk, listen and play together.
- We all respect each other; children too.
- We all tidy up.
- We all help children try new things.
By keeping these guidelines in mind, you and your child will be able to have an enjoyable, safe and pleasant experience in the drop-in while spending some quality time with one another.
Some other helpful hints to keep in mind anytime are:
- Recognize your child’s efforts and achievements.
- Set clear limits and expectations for your child.
- Offer only choices and consequences that are realistic and that you are willing to carry out.
- Encourage your child to problem solve.
- Encourage your child to see the funny side of certain situations.
- Recognize your own frustrations and remove yourself from the situation until you are in control of your feelings.