With blueberries easily available at this time of year, this is a great recipe to try out at home.
Makes 9 squares
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease a 9” x 9” baking dish with cooking spray, butter, or oil.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and then cut into squares.