If you have been to Creating Together, you know that our families love the play dough table. We make our own play dough for kids to roll out, cut up, squish and pull apart.
Here’s our recipe for you to try at home – a great rainy day activity!
You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- ½ cup salt
- 1 cup water
- Food colouring
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine salt, water and a few drops food colouring in another bowl and stir it well.
- Pour the water and salt mixture in with the flour.
- Knead with your hands until the desired texture is achieved. You might need to add a bit more salt or water.
- Add vegetable oil and mix in well.
Tip: To keep the play dough from drying out, store it in an airtight container.