January is an excellent time to freshen up our intentions and get things started on a shared vibration.
To kick this off, staff at Creating Together are committing this month’s information sessions to review our program guidelines, helpful tips, and an overview of lunchtime routine protocols.
Getting on the same page is important for everybody, and these guidelines are here to ensure children, parents and caregivers benefit the most from the services and resources at Creating Together. Guidelines ensure the values of respect, learning, safety, and happiness are woven into our daily routines.
For example, in the drop-in, we all:
- talk, listen, and play together.
- respect each other; children too.
- tidy up.
- help children try new things.
Since not everybody is able to attend the information sessions, we wanted to offer some helpful tips to keep in mind when at Creating Together – and do keep in mind, these tips are helpful at home as well!
- Recognize your child’s efforts and achievements
- Set clear limits and expectations of your child.
- Offer only choices and consequences that are realistic and that you are willing to carry out.
- Encourage your child to problem solve.
- Encourage your child to see the funny side of certain situations.
- Overlook small annoyances.
- Recognize your own frustrations and remove yourself from the situation until you are in control of your feelings.
Lunchtime / Snack Routine Protocols
Lunchtime hours – Monday to Saturday, 11:45am – 1:00pm
No Nuts – Please remember that while families have the option of bringing in their lunches, NO NUT PRODUCTS ARE PERMITTED.
Designated Eating Area – All food must be eaten in the kitchen only.
With your cooperation and participation, Creating Together will continue to be an enjoyable, safe, and pleasant experience for everybody. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask us – we are more than happy to help.