Creating Together arranged another memorable field trip for dozens of children, parents and caregivers to enjoy the experience of picking their own fruit locally. In addition to picking buckets full of strawberries, children enjoyed the other attractions offered at Downey’s such as minigolf, speedway, kritter korral, train, and jumping pillows.
Here are some advantages to picking your own:
- Research shows that when children are involved in the basics of food preparation, they are more likely to eat it.
- PYO is great exercise for the entire family.
- Spending the day together in the fresh air and sunshine is great for health, relaxation,
- You are creating memories as a family!
- You are engaging in an experience that can impact the health of your little ones for years to come.
- It teaches children that all food comes from the earth, grown over time, and tended gently by people to pick and bring them to the store / table. This promotes deeper respect for food, and gratitude for what goes into it.
For more information about Downey’s or to see what other attractions and activities they hold all year round to help children and their families connect with the bounty of the earth, take a look at their website: http://www.downeysfarm.com/