With summer here and school out, the kids are home. Some look forward to it and some can’t wait for it to be over. Either way, it’s important to make self-care a priority.
Here are 5 tips to save your sanity and keep those stress-levels down so you can be the best you can be this summer:
- Create a routine – for tips on how to create a healthy summer routine with your kids, check out this blog: https://gradepowerlearning.com/creating-a-summer-routine-for-children/
- Take yourself out once and a while – schedule time to energize yourself with some me-time, be it a yoga class, a night out with friends, or a date night with your partner.
- Be intentional about developing a connection with your child(ren) – when you fill your relationship up emotionally, it creates space for other things, and builds up a more meaningful relationship between you and your child(ren).
- Get involved with community activities – be it a week-long camp or a day out at a local festival, schedule some time in your local community. For a list of things to do in Toronto, check out this link: https://www.toronto.com/parkdale-toronto-on-events/
- Make exercising and healthy meal planning a family activity. This not only gets things done, but you’ll all feel better in your bodies. Here’s a list of 5 great ways to incorporate your child(ren) into your exercise routine: https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/fitness/a29404/exercising-with-children/. Also, here are some tips from KidsHealth on how to involve children in meal tasks: https://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/Article?contentid=1465&language=English
Do you have other concerns about your family’s health and well-being? Join us at our upcoming Nurse Visit on August 7th at 10am.