Families, we have some wonderful news about a program that has been launched by the Ministry of Education to support families through the COVID-19 pandemic. You may be eligible to receive $200 per child or $250 for children with special needs through a government subsidy!
Applications must be submitted by January 15, 2020 to access these funds, so please read below for information about eligibility and the application process!
About Support for Learners
You can get financial support to help with additional costs during the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19.
Eligible parents or guardians will receive a one-time payment of:
- $200 for each child up to age 12
- $250 for each child or youth up to age 21 with special needs
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2021.
You are eligible to apply if you are a resident of Ontario and a parent or guardian to a child:
- up to age 12
- up to age 21 if they have special needs
A child with special needs is:
- any student reported to be receiving special education programs or services by their school board
- any child enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
- any child identified as having a special need
We do not consider students who are identified as being solely gifted to have special needs under this program.
It doesn’t matter if your child is enrolled in school or child care. All children are eligible based on their age.
You are eligible if your child:
- attends a publicly funded school
- attends a private school
- attends a First Nation operated or federally operated school
- attends school in-person or online
- is homeschooled
- is enrolled in child care
- is at home