Science activities and experiments are a fun way to work with how children learn. The experts point out that science is important in the lives of young people for a number of reasons:
- Science involves a lot of communication with other people.
- Science develops patience and perseverance in kids.
- It can help kids form a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Science teaches kids about the world around them.
- Science can spark in kids’ minds that they, too, can help solve the world’s big problems.
To learn more about the benefits of science for children, see our “learning science through play” article – but don’t take our word for it – come see for yourself by joining us for some interactive virtual “Science with Sal” sessions!
Join Salvina for interactive science programming from the comfort of your own home and take advantage of the live or pre-recorded sessions as is most convenient for your schedule. This program offers opportunities for you to embark on a hands-on learning experience no matter where you are, using easy-to-find at home materials.
All are welcome — whether your desire is to participate hands-on, or your preference is to observe and enjoy!
May Schedule: Science with Sal
The first virtual live session will be May 5, 2022 at 2:00p.m. and then alternate the following week into a pre-recorded science.
The schedule is as follows:
- May 5th 2:00am – 2:30pm (Live Session)
- May 12th 2:00am – 2:30pm (Pre-Recorded Session)
- May 19th 2:00am – 2:30pm (Live Session)
- May 26th 2:00am – 2:30pm (Pre-Recorded Session)
Join using the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5199316471 .
*Adult supervision required for all live sessions
Looking for more Virtual Programming?
With the expansion of our in-person programming, our virtual programming will be slightly reduced, however we still offer Live Circle Time on Fridays at 10:00am using the following zoom link:
See you there!