Even though it may seem like Winter is hanging on, Spring is certainly here – and with that, comes some great opportunities to get outside, and enjoy the benefits that nature has to offer.
We wanted to share some great activities coming up, to celebrate the nature of the season with your children in Toronto.
- Children’s Garden Revamp at Evergreen Brickworks: This month’s theme at Evergreen is “Earth Month”. Come enjoy play, art and stewardship in celebration of the earth and it’s creatures! Hop on a free shuttle bus from Broadview Station, and get involved with the Children’s Garden Revamp this month! https://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/evergreen-brick-works/.
- Riverdale Farm Field Trip: Explore the trails, visit the barns, and see the farm animals!
- Sorauren Farmers Market: Open every Monday from 3-7pm, the Sorauren Farmers Market isn’t an outdoor affair until May – but the park and indoor vendors make for a great outing right here in Parkdale. Its also a great opportunity to teach your children the importance of shopping locally, and creating a healthy relationship with healthy food. It also has an incredible unobstructed view of the night sky for evening star gazers!
- Signs of Spring Detective Quest: Spend a day in High Park looking for the signs of Spring. Become nature detectives and find buds, sprouts, mud, robins, while enjoying the trails, castle playground, and zoo!
- Create a Nature Table: Bring some items from outside inside, and throw in some symbols of the season: eggs, seeds, flowers…create a tactile learning centre that brings your child’s senses in tune with the season. Take a look at these photos on Pinterest for some inspiration: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/45458277473802237/
More Nature Resources and Activities for Children: